The Carpenter will be responsible for the layout, new construction and repair of interior joinery; the restoration of wooden boat framing / flooring / planking; and the maintenance & installation of teak decks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to plan, estimate, layout and complete carpentry projects
- Conduct repair work and installation of custom interior boat joinery
- Knowledge of wooden boat construction and repair techniques
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials
- Ability to operate tools, machines, and other equipment
- Assisting supervisor with structural design, planning, layout, and installation
- Must possess own tools
- Availability to work overtime in order to meet deadlines
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Safety and Environmental Responsibilities
- Follow SHM Safety and Environmental rules and complete required related training.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (may include safety glasses, gloves, life jackets and/or hard hats) as required for the task or work area.
- Report all accidents, injuries, spills and near misses immediately.
Technical and Physical Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Technical school training preferred
- Basic math skills required; advanced math skills preferred
- Experience reading, understanding and following construction drawings and procedures preferred
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder
- Must carry own tools
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Minimum Soft Skill Qualifications
- Eagerness to engage in a growing, fast paced, and industry-leading company
- Consistently treats others with dignity and respect
- Genuinely serves others with humility and a positive attitude
- Frequently demonstrates a bias toward action
- Always communicates effectively and courteously with fellow teammates and members
- Continuously follows policies and procedures while seeking out new and better ways of accomplishing duties
- Shows resolve and overcomes difficulties in a positive and productive manner
- Gladly provides responsive, and high level of service to our teammates and members
- Eagerly puts forth the extra effort to accomplish duties
- Adapts quickly and efficiently to changing priorities in order to meet teammate or member needs
Safe Harbor Marinas, LLC (SHM) is the largest owner and operator of marinas in the world. As a fast-growing company, SHM cultivates a team dynamic of passionate individuals led by the sharpest minds in the industry in order to serve the vibrant boating community that encompasses the SHM network. SHM teammates are committed to thinking critically, providing outstanding service and building relationships with all that we serve. SHM offers professional education and training opportunities and the chance to work with – and learn from – highly experienced professionals in the marine industry. In addition, SHM offers eligible employees healthcare benefits, 401(k) plans, paid time off, and relocation opportunities. #techniciancareers
Safe Harbor Marinas provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Safe Harbor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Additional disclosures available at https://shmarinas.com/hr-disclosures/.